Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
sandy
charter management fees
My husband & I placed a brand new cat in charter last year. We chose one with the lowest management fees, and the best income prospectus, but we are being charged very high maintenance fees each month. We are now looking for another charter co. and looking for advice.
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 12:18pm
by sandy
Saint Martin Customs
I am off to Saint Martin in 2 short weeks and am trying to plan my route. We pick up the boat at Oyster Pond and want to spend the first night in Grand Case. The next day we want to sail to Anguilla but are concerned about clearing customs out of Saint Martin. I f...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 7:42pm
by Capt'n George
52' BVI Sailing Yacht is set up as a Fractional Shared Ownership
Hello: There are final versions of the LLC and the Owner's Agreement available. Reef Song is now out of charter and is in the hurricane shelter for the duration of the hurricane season. Sometime mid-Oct she will come out of the hurricane shelter and become a fract...
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 10:12am
by thorsten cook
Sprint or Cingular in BVI?
I'm sure this gets asked fairly often, but I thought I'd get a "current" answer. Will Sprint or Cingular phones which have the "international" features enabled work in BVI? Should we be renting either a SAT phone, or Boat Phone? Thanks, Rich
Views: 1184   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 2:35pm
by Capt. Joe Adams
j
Jeff
MONO OR CAT IN GRENADINES FOR A MONTH - PREFER JAN 2010 START
Looking for bareboat mono or cat - min. 3 cabins in Grenadines. One month charter -- prefer Jan 2010 but will consider all
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 6:29am
by Jeff
Crewed yacht at bareboat rates
Thats right, compare our rates to the same Voyage yachts and we are less then a bareboat. Our boat is loaded with toys with the experience of world sailors. Don't spend your first day provisioning and let the ladies have a vacation as well, as chef Wendy will do all...
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 1:58pm
by Doug & Wendy
Whitsunday Islands
We are headed to the Whitsundays for ten days in early 2010. Does anyone have a log to share? Or advice? And/or does anyone have a copy of 100 Magic Miles, 8th Ed. that s/he would like to sell? Thanks! Beth Adams-Smith S/V Jerawyn, M4000, Tortola
Views: 408   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 12:07pm
by Beth Adams-Smith
Owners week needed BVI Cat week in NOV
I am in need of a week charter in BVI in the month of Nov must have 4 cabins
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2009 11:45pm
by melissa
Great Move
I think this is a very good idea for you to start a chat box for charter owners. We are looking into the charter ownership business and I will look forward to using this site as we move into the business. Thank you again. Les
Views: 394   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 5:37pm
by Pamela Wilson
Fractional Ownership of a Jeanneau 52.2 in the BVI
I am setting up a fractional ownership of my Jeanneau 52.2 in the BVI. For more information please go to http://www.videoautomation.com/reefsong/fractionalowners.html TpCook
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2009 9:43pm
by thorsten cook
r
Rudi
Belize Nov/Dec
What does it look like Belize end Nov. beginning Dec.? Any experienced comment or suggestion would be higly welcome. Thanks Rudi
Views: 357   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 1:29pm
by Bedazzle
m
Mike
CAPTAIN AVAILABLE FOR BAREBOAT CHARTER
Captain available for all your bareboat charter needs. Over 7 years of BVI and Carribean Sailing experience aboard monohull and multihull sail and powerboats. I owned a Lagoon 410S2 catamaran for years and have captained over 50 charter vacations for every type of...
Views: 600   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 4:59am
by ydhcvlw
d
Doug
Owners time
Looking for two weeks owners time in Tortola on 37' to 40' monohull sailboat after April 15, 2010. Moorings or Sunsail preferred.
Views: 438   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2009 7:44pm
by Doug
p
Paul
Sunsail charters
FYI On two different charters from Sunsail, the boat I paid for was not ready when I arrived. Their contract states the boat will be fully commissioned and ready for service on the day you are to start your charter. I do not pay thousands of dollars for a yacht...
Views: 655   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 9:46am
by Alex Jerges
2009-2011 Crusing Guide to the Virgin Islands
Hi, I know that this book is recommended as the #1 book for BVI sailors. However I did NOT find any changes between 2009-2011 edition and the previous one. Yes there are (some) different photos and different advertisers but there is no more information. In fact t...
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 9:44am
by Alex Jerges
a
Anne
Eleuthera
Will be in Harbour Island for a wedding May 2. Looking for a last minute bareboat charter for 4 people for a week...Any suggestions? Thanks
Views: 299   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 11:14am
by Anne
d
Dan
Abacos
Looking for owner time to charter 36-42' mono hull (preferably) or cat. Beginning May 4th for a week-10days. Experienced sailors. 4 adults.
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2009 11:12pm
by dan
crewed yacht charter
i have a gulet with 3 cabins for charter or for sale in marmaris turkey.
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 10:44am
by mustafa sen
buying owners time
We would like to buy owners time anywhere from St. Martin to Martinique the last part of april or first of may. Still flexible on dates. It will be myself, uscg licensed, my wife and mother-in-law.We prefer a monohull 39-45.
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 8:37pm
by Randall Carlton
Abacos
Interested in Abaco owner time.
Views: 379   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 8:01pm
by miriam girdler
Current Reviews of BVI Charter Companies
After reading about poor service from Moorings and Trade Wind Yachts, can any offer current advice on good quality bareboat charters? Would especially appreciate reviews on Sunsail, North/South, TMM and Horizion. Thanks.
Views: 3223   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 19, 2008 8:17am
by frederique liena...
chartering in tahiti or fiji
any opinions on a bareboat charter in tahiti or fiji in the month of march?[weather, costs etc] Thanks.
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 9:09am
by Capt Randy Bregm...
s
Scott
Any opinions on chartering through ed-hamilton?
I am looking for a crewed charter (this would be my wife and my first time doing a sailing vacation) and was wondering if anyone had any recent opinions about going through ed hamilton and co? Thanks Scott
Views: 1210   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 12:56pm
by Ralph Schiller
d
Deb
Which Charter company to use in Tortola?
We are in the process of booking a charter trip 3/21/-3/29 from Tortola. Our needs are a 36-40 Ft CAT with 4 cabins. At this pt. I have quotes from several of the companies direct but am confussed on which company to go with. This is our first time booking d...
Views: 2094   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 24, 2008 9:02am
by Joe
s
Shardo
St Vincent/Grenadines or St Lucia/Martinique
I am planning a bareboat catamaran trip to either St Vincent and Grenadines or St. Lucia and Martinique. Can anyone provide information to help me decide which trip to take. What is the difference between the two locations. Thank you.
Views: 645   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 11:44am
by Seth
St. Lucia to St. Vincent
Hello, maybe this is not the right place to post this question but my husband and I are coming to St. Lucia on February 1st (late afternoon). We planned originally to get to Grenada and then go to the Grenadines but there were no flights available so I picked St. Luc...
Views: 582   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 21, 2008 3:25pm
by Seth
f
Fred
Tipping
I am picking up a bareboat charter in Tortola in 2 weeks and I was wondering if it is common practice to tip the base crew of the charter company and if so what is the standard % of charter fee or amount for say a 10 day charter. Our last bareboat charter the guy at...
Views: 621   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2008 2:51pm
by Fred
Canadian issues in regards to charter ownership
Hello, would like to hear from Canadian Charter boat owners. I am thinking of purchasing a Charter boat in the near future and would like to know of any pit falls expierenced by Canadians Charter boat owners. Thanks Doug
Views: 955   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 13, 2008 9:44pm
by Tony
j
John
1st time bareboater
I'm looking to charter a bareboat with my fiance. I'm a young guy (22) who has a lot of boating experience, mostly power but have gotten into sailing the past couple years. I'm not concerned with my abilities (operation or navigation) in the least but I'm concerned...
Views: 1233   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2008 3:43pm
by fuplayer
Cost of water & fuel, BVI
My wife & I have sailed the BVI on her fathers boat multiple times. We talk about it so much that we now have friends that would like to go. I have been surfing yacht charter sights & the one thing I never see mentioned is the cost of water & fuel. If we charter a...
Views: 1402   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 7:31pm
by bill tracey
n
Naomi
3-6 month charter caribbean?
Anyone know how to go about chartering or renting a boat for 3-6 months anywhere in the Caribbean? Thanks in advance!
Views: 691   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 3:16pm
by Sheila
Mooring
A friend returned from BVI. Advised that some moorings had only a short stub out on top of ball for a pennant. Most had long pennants with eye on end to pass line through. How is mooring w. stub out snared? I'd like to know before going there soon and making a fool...
Views: 796   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2008 4:19am
by Chip
t
Tim
provisioning in St Vincent
I am looking into chartering with Sunsail in St Vincent. Is there a supermarket near the charter base like Rite-way is in BVI? Thanks, Tim
Views: 598   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2008 10:54am
by Seth
ever picked someone up from the airport in trellis bay, tortola?
we are chartering in the bvi in june and were wondering about the feasibility/practicality of picking up a mooring in trellis bay and meeting someone coming in on a later flight by dinghy. is this possible do you think and, if so, what are the things we should look...
Views: 754   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 12, 2008 4:46pm
by Dave
provisioning in St. Thomas
Hi everyone, We'll be chartering from CYOA in St. Thomas this summer. They offer a deluxe provisioning package, 7 brk/lunch and 4 dinner, and then a brk/lunch-only package. Both seem expensive but convenient. They also mention a store, Pueblo, just up the stre...
Views: 811   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2008 2:15pm
by Margo Rose
Abaco Bahamas Charters
My three children and I contracted to charter a 36' PDQ catamaran from Abaco Bahamas Charters out of Hopetown, Elbow Key, Abacos. We were to pick up the boat on Sat. 11/17/2007 and return it a week later. On Thursday 11/15/07 I e-mailed them with some questions about...
Views: 1086   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 21, 2008 1:47am
by Rich
anguilla passage
I have read on another board, that some charter companies are forbidding charterers using the passage, and require them to go around Mosquito Island. I have been sailing the ilanz for over 30 years, and have never asked permission to do so, and have never had a prob...
Views: 798   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2008 9:31am
by Art Pennino
j
J.A
South Florida Sailboats?
Hello, I am looking to charter a boat in South Florida. I live in Stuart, so anything within a couple hours drive would be good. 35' to 42' range. It would be for long weekends throughout the year, maybe even a weeklong once in a while (once I know my wife is up fo...
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2008 3:54pm
by J.A
bringing our own provisions
Leaving next week for a bareboat charter out of St. Lucia. We are provisioning on our own and wondering if anyone knows what might be allowed to be brought in from the US to St. Lucia food wise? Ideally for us, it would be a cooler full of our favorite food, but re...
Views: 620   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 27, 2008 6:08pm
by RICHARD HICKS
STCW95
Hi, I am a new sailor and an experienced diving instructor. I am about to go to work in the BVI and need to get an STCW95 qualification... this appears to be harder than I thought it would be! I understand that I would need to do the full 5 day course to meet the B...
Views: 708   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2007 1:14am
by s/v La Morocha
Anyone have experience with North-South Charters?
I am putting together a charter with 7 others for the last week in March. We are currently working with North South on a Catalina 42. My only concern is that I have not heard of N-S before and dont know anyone who has used it like i do at Moorings, Footloose, Sunsa...
Views: 1128   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 17, 2007 10:12am
by Mustang Sally
e
Evan
First time bareboat in the Grenadines?
Hi, My girlfriend and I are planning our first bareboat and I would love to hear some people chime in regarding our trip... Though I have been on sailboats on and off my whole life as well as some overnight sail trips as a child, I have no formal training. I&#...
Views: 1126   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 5:34pm
by Richard Hicks
athens sailing conditions
we are considering a bareboat trip from moorings in athens during the last week of august. if you have sailed there around that time of year, could you please give me some idea what the winds are like. we are also considering split croatia or the amalfi coast, italy...
Views: 666   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2007 11:40am
by Valerie
Belize
Does anyone know of more companies in Belize than moorings and belize yacht charters for bareboating? Also any good or bad experiences. We ar looking at going there in 2006 with 8 people and have been to the BVI we want a little different scenery and maybe a litt...
Views: 1405   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2007 11:48pm
by Kevin Gallagher
CREWED CHARTERS AT BAREBOAT RATES
My wife and I have a 4 cabin 2006 Lagoon 440 "Sea Of Love" that is in bareboat charter in Tortola, BVIs. This is the link: http://www.catamarans.com/catamaranco/charter/bareboat/lagoon440_electric/index.asp?bhcp=1 While bareboat charters are handled by Catamaran Co...
Views: 1201   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 5:55am
by drosey
fishing in the BVI's
We're going to Tortola on Feb. 16 '07, and wanted to get some info on fishing down there. Was thinking of renting a trolling setup and just drag some lines while sailing around. Anyone have any luck down there this time of year. thanks
Views: 1053   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 7:56am
by spartan
t
Tim
Charter Agreement
I've come to terms with the owner but need to put it in writing. Can anyone share a charter agreement? Thanks
Views: 835   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2007 9:58pm
by Tim
NauticBlue Charter
NauticBlue boating vacations and their Advantage Ownership Program may not work out as well as advertised. We are experienced boaters and recently chartered a NauticBlue 372 Motor Cat in Marsh Harbour. Our yacht was in such poor condition that our charter was delay...
Views: 897   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 2:58pm
by Tom Johnson
d
Don
looking for BVI charter company
I want to buy an existing charter & boat rental business in the BVI. Buyout or working partnership. Will look at any reasonable & common sense arrangement.
Views: 858   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2007 7:17pm
by Mike
Moorings cats coming out of charter
Anyone interested in covering their costs of ownership when buying a used cat, or after their catamarans come out of charter, please contact me. We are desperate to get a couple more quality catamarans in the 40 ft range. We have a program that truely is unique and...
Views: 828   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 7:27pm
by Capnron
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Free Forum powered by Bravenet